Interested in joining the Bible League in fulfilling the Vision God has given us? See our currently available positions
Do you love to plan and implement successful events, fundraisers and conferences?
Can you carry out the role from conception through to completion?
Do you have a creativity that you want to express in a challenging and
Can you provide outstanding customer service and supporter relations that meet and exceed expectations?
Do you want more than a JOB?
Do you long to fulfil your calling and make a real difference in the Kingdom?
Then this role could be just for you!
Full-time position based in Penrith NSW
- Plan, organise, design and produce events while managing all project delivery elements within time limits and budgets
- Liaise with internal departments and external suppliers to ensure successful events
- Research and gather information, plus negotiate contracts prior to presenting for approval
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to management and stakeholders
- Propose ideas to improve event quality and profitability
- Organise facilities and manage all event’s details such as design, decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, budget, equipment, promotional material etc.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Work closely with the CEO to carry out all event activities in a professional and engaging manner
- Organise staff and volunteer requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with Marketing to create good PR to promote and publicise events
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems up to and on the event day
- Conduct pre and post event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Research the market, identify event opportunities and formulate proposals
- Assist with various general office/admin functions on a regular basis
- Proven event management experience (or some experience and a passion to do more and make your mark)
- Strong Christian with active church involvement
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Ability to build productive relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- MS Office proficiency
- Ability to handle a high-pressure, fast-paced, creative environment and thrive
- Ability to travel regularly and host events in various cities around Australia and New Zealand
- Qualification in Event Management or related field preferable
If you believe you’ve got the skills, creativity and calling for this role then apply today by submitting your CV to Alicia at [email protected] or by mail to PO Box 714 Penrith NSW 2751.
Closing date: Saturday 31 July 2018
Development Officer – NSW
Full-time position based in Penrith
Bible League Australia and New Zealand raises awareness and funding to fulfil our purpose, which is to serve the under-resourced Church globally through the provision of Bibles, biblical resources and training to transform lives worldwide and help people meet Jesus.
Are you wanting to make a Kingdom Impact by connecting with churches, individuals and other interested groups? Are you able to engage and motivate others to join with Bible League in fulfilling the Vision God has given us?
If you’ve answered “YES” to these questions then you could be the person we are looking for to join our Development Team and fulfil this rewarding and challenging role.
The Development Officer will be responsible for coordinating and leading Bible League’s interaction with Churches and individuals in New South Wales, They will seek to both raise awareness of Bible League’s unique ministry and to enlist partners to our ministry.
Main Responsibilities and duties
- Build and maintain relationships with churches and individuals throughout New South Wales, in order to gain their support, both in prayer and financially
- Secure appointments in the field with prospective and existing donor churches for speaking engagements at churches
- Initiate opportunities to speak at various church groups and other interested organisations
- Carry out a variety of speaking engagements at churches, etc., including Sunday service presentations, preaching the Word, Chaplaincy Groups, Christian Lunch-time Groups etc. Promote Bible League’s work and gain support for programs at these engagements
- Maintain and grow the current donors
- Gain new donors through the Bible League Friends program
- Contact donors from the assigned major donors list in order to thank them and meet with them where appropriate
- Host major donor information meetings/events in order to build relationships with donors
- Represent Bible League at Christian conferences/seminars as required
- Participate in Bible League events organised to increase the support for the organisation
- Ensure that all activities are included/updated in the Bible League database
- Submit a weekly activity report to the Development Director and CEO
- Observe all Bible League policies and procedures
- Contribute productively as a member of a team
- Ensure that complete confidentiality and security is applied to the handling of information and the communication of sensitive issues
You will also be required to:
- Be actively involved in a Christian Church
- Be committed to the purpose, statement of faith and core values of Bible League
- Display a professional manner in communication, both verbal and written
- Build good relationships with people by demonstrating genuine sensitivity to people’s responses
- Have good promotional skills
- Be willing to employ Bible League’s donor development system
- Have the ability to work well with others
- Possess a current driver’s licence and motor vehicle and be able to travel as required.
To apply for the position please forward your covering letter and CV (max 3 pages) to Alicia at [email protected] or by mail to PO Box 714 Penrith NSW 2751.