Interested in joining the Bible League in fulfilling the Vision God has given us? See our currently available positions
Development Officer – NSW
Full-time position based in Penrith
Bible League Australia and New Zealand raises awareness and funding to fulfil our purpose, which is to serve the under-resourced Church globally through the provision of Bibles, biblical resources and training to transform lives worldwide and help people meet Jesus.
Are you wanting to make a Kingdom Impact by connecting with churches, individuals and other interested groups? Are you able to engage and motivate others to join with Bible League in fulfilling the Vision God has given us?
If you’ve answered “YES” to these questions then you could be the person we are looking for to join our Development Team and fulfil this rewarding and challenging role.
The Development Officer will be responsible for coordinating and leading Bible League’s interaction with Churches and individuals in New South Wales, They will seek to both raise awareness of Bible League’s unique ministry and to enlist partners to our ministry.
Main Responsibilities and duties
- Build and maintain relationships with churches and individuals throughout New South Wales, in order to gain their support, both in prayer and financially
- Secure appointments in the field with prospective and existing donor churches for speaking engagements at churches
- Initiate opportunities to speak at various church groups and other interested organisations
- Carry out a variety of speaking engagements at churches, etc., including Sunday service presentations, preaching the Word, Chaplaincy Groups, Christian Lunch-time Groups etc. Promote Bible League’s work and gain support for programs at these engagements
- Maintain and grow the current donors
- Gain new donors through the Bible League Friends program
- Contact donors from the assigned major donors list in order to thank them and meet with them where appropriate
- Host major donor information meetings/events in order to build relationships with donors
- Represent Bible League at Christian conferences/seminars as required
- Participate in Bible League events organised to increase the support for the organisation
- Ensure that all activities are included/updated in the Bible League database
- Submit a weekly activity report to the Development Director and CEO
- Observe all Bible League policies and procedures
- Contribute productively as a member of a team
- Ensure that complete confidentiality and security is applied to the handling of information and the communication of sensitive issues
You will also be required to:
- Be actively involved in a Christian Church
- Be committed to the purpose, statement of faith and core values of Bible League
- Display a professional manner in communication, both verbal and written
- Build good relationships with people by demonstrating genuine sensitivity to people’s responses
- Have good promotional skills
- Be willing to employ Bible League’s donor development system
- Have the ability to work well with others
- Possess a current driver’s licence and motor vehicle and be able to travel as required.
To apply for the position please forward your covering letter and CV (max 3 pages) to Alicia at [email protected] or by mail to PO Box 714 Penrith NSW 2751.